Birthday Wheel Contest Rules
Birthday Wheel Contest Rules
- How to Enter the Contest:
- The Birthday Wheel contest will be played weekdays, at approximately 7:20am, excluding the following Holidays, should they fall on a weekday; New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- To participate in the contest, listen to WLDE to play “The Birthday Wheel” at approximately 6:50am. The announcer will spin the birthday wheel on-air. Once the date is revealed, the announcer will ask for the first listener with that birthday to call 260-426-5343. The first listener to call in with that birthday will win the prize.
- Eligibility Restrictions:
- The contest is open to all WLDE listeners that are 18 years of age or older who reside in or live in Allen, Adams, Dekalb, Huntington, Lagrange, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley counties in Indiana and Defiance, Paulding and Van Wert counties in Ohio.
Employees of WLDE, Fun 101.7, Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Fort Wayne metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. Immediate family members are parents, children, spouses, those in spouse-like relationship, and siblings (including those in step- and half-relationships when living in the same household). Also, anyone who has ever been employed or has interned with Sarkes Tarzian Inc.
- Eligible participants can win The Birthday Wheel prize once a year.
Only one Birthday Wheel prize winner per household is permitted every 30 days.
- A contestant can each of the following WLDE Daily Prize Grid contests once every 30 days. “Year That You Hear”, “Biz Quiz” and “Flip Clip”.
- Prizes may vary each day and week.
- The winning contestant must claim the prize at the WLDE studios, 347 W. Berry Street, Suite 600, Fort Wayne, IN, during regular business hours. Regular business hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays. WLDE is closed on weekends. If conditions due not all for contestants to claim their prize at the studios, the prize will be mailed to the contestant at the cost of the station. If the prize is too big for mailing, other arrangement will be made for the contestant to claim their prize.
- Contest prizes are not transferable and may not be substituted for or redeemed for
cash. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days or the prize is forfeited and becomes the property of WLDE.
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners will be reported to the IRS on IRS Form 1099 or the equivalent, if applicable.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest or traveling
companion, if any) agree to allow their name, voice, and/or likeness to be used in any
advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest for a period of one year
without additional financial or other compensation.
- Contest winners are required to sign a Receipt verifying eligibility prior to acceptance
of any prize of more than nominal value. Before claiming a prize, contest winners
(and each of their guests or traveling companions, where applicable) are also required
to sign a Liability Release and/or Travel Release if the prize to be awarded is valued
at $600.00 or greater, if the contest or the prize entails dangerous or potentially
dangerous activity, or if the prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or
not such transportation is provided by WLDE. Pursuant to the Liability
Release and Travel Release, the winners (and each of their guests or traveling
companions, where applicable) will agree to hold WLDE, Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., and the respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- These rules are subject to the interpretation of WLDE. Any aspect of
these rules, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater
value, can be changed at the discretion of WLDE, and such change(s)
will become effective upon on-air or appropriate announcement.
- WLDE makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the nature of the prize awarded. If this contest is not capable of running as planned due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, Force Majeure or any other causes beyond the control of WLDE which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, WLDE reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who WLDE believes has tampered with the participation process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. The use of any device attached to or connected to a phone to automate participation or to attempt to increase participation in an unfair manner is prohibited.
- As a consequence of delays in the online streaming of the WLDE signal compared to over-the-air broadcasts, online listeners may be at a disadvantage in attempting to participate in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the station on-air. WLDE is not responsible for online streaming delays.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification,
at the sole discretion of WLDE.
WLDE is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the
printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of
Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours at the
main studio of WLDE or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to WLDE, 347 W. Berry Street, Suite 600, Fort Wayne, IN 46802 or find them online at www.classichits1017.com. Just look for tab labeled Contest Rules on the main page of the website.
07/27/20 – cd