Biz Quiz Contest Rules
9:20 Biz Quiz Rules
- How to Enter the Contest:
- The Biz Quiz contest will be played weekdays, at approximately 9:20am, excluding the following Holidays should they fall on a weekday including; New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. WLDE reserves the right to suspend the Biz Quiz without reason or notice. Should the Biz Quiz be suspended or missed for any reason, the contest be continued on the next contest day as determined by station management. Whether using the five questions that were still active at the time the contest was suspended or using five new questions that were selected to begin a new contest.
- To participate in the contest, listen to WLDE to play “Biz Quiz” at approximately 9:20am. The announcer will ask for the 10th caller at 426-5343 to play. If the caller is able to correctly answer all five question’s they win the Grand prize. The contestant’s answers to each individual question must match that of WLDE to be considered a correct answer. If the contestant answers any of the questions wrong the contest is over.
- Eligibility Restrictions:
- The contest is open to all WLDE listeners who reside in or live in Allen, Adams, Dekalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley, counties in Indiana and Defiance, Paulding and Van Wert counties in Ohio.
Employees of WLDE, Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Fort Wayne metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. Immediate family members are parents, children, spouses, those in spouse-like relationship, and siblings (including those in step- and half-relationships when living in the same household).
- Eligible participants can win the Biz Quiz and its Grand prize once every 30 days. Contestants can play the Biz Quiz as often as the want, but may only win a consolation prize once every 30 days. Only one Grand prize winner per household is permitted every 30 days.
- Grand Prizes may vary each day and week.
- The winning contestant must claim the prize at the WLDE studios, 347 W. Berry Street, Suite 600, Fort Wayne, IN, during regular business hours. Regular business hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday though Friday, except Holidays. WLDE is closed on weekends.
- Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for
cash. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days or the prize is forfeited and becomes the property of WLDE.
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners will be reported to the IRS on IRS Form 1099 or the equivalent, if applicable.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest or traveling
companion, if any) agree to allow their name, voice, and/or likeness to be used in any
advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest for a period of one year
without additional financial or other compensation.
- Contest winners are required to sign a Receipt verifying eligibility prior to acceptance
of any prize of more than nominal value. Before claiming a prize, contest winners
(and each of their guests or traveling companions, where applicable) are also required
to sign a Liability Release and/or Travel Release if the prize to be awarded is valued
at $600.00 or greater, if the contest or the prize entails dangerous or potentially
dangerous activity, or if the prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or
not such transportation is provided by WLDE. Pursuant to the Liability
Release and Travel Release, the winners (and each of their guests or traveling
companions, where applicable) will agree to hold WLDE, Sarkes
Tarzian, Inc., and the respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
These rules are subject to the interpretation of WLDE. Any aspect of
these rules, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater
value, can be changed at the discretion of WLDE and such change(s)
will become effective upon on-air or other appropriate announcement.
No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited.
WLDE makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the nature of the prize awarded. If this contest is not capable of running as planned due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, Force Majeure or any other causes beyond the control of WLDE which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, WLDE reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who WLDE believes has tampered with the participation process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. The use of any device attached to or connected to a phone to automate participation or to attempt to increase participation in an unfair manner is prohibited.
As a consequence of delays in the online streaming of the WLDE signal compared to over-the-air broadcasts, online listeners may be at a disadvantage in attempting to participate in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the station on-air. WLDE is not responsible for online streaming delays.
Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification,
at the sole discretion of WLDE.
WLDE is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the
printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of
Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours at the
main studio of WLDE or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to WLDE, Classic Hits 101.7 at the address above.