Monthly Makeover Contest Rules
How to Enter the Contest:
The Monthly Makeover Giveaway contest will begin on January 2, 2024 and end on March 29, 2024.
- No purchase necessary.
- To participate in the contest, participants must register before March 28, 2023 at 4pm for a chance to be a Finalist by going to either http://www.majic951.com or http://www.classichits1017.com. A computer or mobile device with internet connection is required to register online and is the responsibility of the contestant to provide to participate, upon meeting eligibility restrictions.
- Participants may also register to be a Finalist at Windows, Doors & More beginning by scanning the QR code on display or completing a paper entry for an additional chance to be a Finalist. To enter on location, scan the online QR Code linked to http://www.majic951.com or http://www.classichits1017.com and follow the link and instructions to enter the contest. Limit one (1) additional entry per person during the contest dates.
- Participants may also register to be a Finalist on one of the (3) Bonus Days at Windows, Doors & More. A limit of one (1) additional entry per person. Bonus Days are February 16, 2024, February 19, 2024, and February 27, 2024, for a total of 3 possible entries per contestant during the contest.
- Participants may also register by visiting the WLDE display or Windows, Doors and More at the Fort Wayne Home and Garden Show at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, February 29 – March 3, 2024, during show hours. Registration at the Home and Garden Show does not increase chances of becoming a finalist, it is an additional way to enter the contest.
- Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Participants that complete a handwritten entry including the contestants name, address, city, state and phone will be accepted as an alternate form of entry into the contest. Handwritten entries will only be accepted at the Windows, Doors and More Showroom at 1121 W. Washington Center Rd., Fort Wayne, the WLDE display and the Windows, Doors and More display, both located at the Fort Wayne Home and Garden Show.
- The contest is open to anyone who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the Fort Wayne metropolitan area, consisting of Adams, Allen, Dekalb, Huntington, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley counties in Indiana, along with Paulding and Van Wert counties in Ohio.
- Current and former employees of Sarkes Tarzian Inc., Windows Doors & More, including independent contractors or spokespersons, as well as employees of radio stations in the Fort Wayne Metro, and members of their respective families are not eligible. Family is defined as parents, in-laws, children, spouses, people in spouse-like relationships and siblings, including those in step and half relations. Anyone who has been employed by or interned with Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., or Windows, Doors & More is also ineligible.
- You must be a homeowner, with a house on a permanent foundation, not a renter, to be a winner. The house cannot be a trailer, mobile home, or modular home.
- Homes must meet requirements set by all manufacturers for installation of their products. Failure to meet these requirements will require additional costs which must be paid by the winner as determined by the manufacturer or Windows, Doors & More.
- Persons who have won prizes of cash or merchandise totaling $600 or more from WLDE or WAJI since July 1, 2023, are ineligible for this contest.
- You may win only once during this contest.
- Only one finalist per household is permitted.
- There will be 3 Grand Prizes given away during the contest.
- Grand Prize #1 is $10,000 in Windows, awarded on January 31, 2024.
Grand Prize #2 is $5000 in Doors, awarded on February 29, 2024.
Grand Prize #3 is $25,000 in Home Improvements, awarded on March 29, 2024.
- Prizes are not transferable and may only be redeemed for cash if the Cash Option prize is necessary. There are no exchanges at the request of the winner.
- The Grand Prizes cover design service, permits, installation, materials, and labor.
- Grand Prizes exclude decks, fences and all hard surface countertops at Windows, Doors & More, including but not limited to granite, marble, soapstone and quartz.
- Each winner of a Grand Prize must claim the prize through WLDE or WAJI within 2 weeks of winning by signing the station’s Receipt of Prize and Prize Release Forms for the construction of the Plan. Winners must make their decision of home improvements within 1 month of the date on the Station’s Receipt. Their decisions must be a workable plan in the sole opinion of Windows, Doors & More. (“The Plan”). If the winner cannot arrive at a Plan, then Windows, Doors & More will award the winner the Cash Option (see description below). The winner must make all necessary arrangements with Windows Doors and More for the construction of the Plan within a period of one year from the date of the receipt, unless otherwise determined by Windows, Doors & More and station management.
- If the winner cannot come to an agreement on the Plan with Windows, Doors and More within 30 days of signing the Receipt, they may opt out of the Grand Prize and take the cash option instead, thereby, forfeiting all the home improvement options. The cash options are as follows for each individual prize.
- Prize #1 cash option is $2,500
- Prize #2 cash option is $2,500
- Prize #3 cash option is $5,000
- If the Grand Prize Winner cannot take possession of the Grand Prize due to force majeure, major difficulties in construction, product availability or any other reason beyond the reasonable control as determined by Windows, Doors & More and WLDE/WAJI management in their sole discretion, the Grand Prize Winner(s) shall receive the cash option prize.
Selection of Winners:
- At approximately 4pm each contest day, one contest entry will be randomly selected as a Daily Finalist for one of the Grand Prize giveaways. The Daily Finalists will be announced the following contest morning at approximately 8:50am on-air at WLDE and posted online at classichits1017.com and www.majic951.com. Finalists are eligible for the Grand Prize drawings, meeting eligibility restrictions.
A total of 20 Finalists selected for the 1st Grand Prize between 1/02/24 – 1/30/24.
A total of 20 Finalists selected for the 2nd Grand Prize between 1/31/24 – 2/28/24.
A total of 19 Finalists selected for the 3rd Grand Prize between 3/01/24 – 3/27/24.
- Each Daily Finalist will be randomly selected from all entries received meeting eligibility restrictions. Each Grand Prize winner will be determined by random drawing from all eligible Finalists.
- A Finalist is eligible for each Grand Prize drawing or until they win.
- Odds of winning as a Finalist are as follows: Grand Prize #1 are 1 in 20, Grand Prize #2 are 1in 39, and Grand Prize #3 are 1 in 57 providing all finalists meet eligibility restrictions.
- Grand Prize #1 selection will take place on January 31, 2024, at 8am.
- Grand Prize #2 selection will take place on February 29, 2024, at 8am.
- Grand Prize #3 selection will take place on March 27, 2024, at 5pm, and announced March 29, 2024, at approximately 8:20a.
- Each Grand Prize winner will be posted online at classichits1017.com and www.majic951.com, and a WLDE/WAJI representative will attempt to contact each winner by telephone. If a winner cannot be reached within 5 business days, an alternate winner will be selected.
Decisions of WLDE/WAJI management with respect to the contest are final.
- Payment of all federal, state, and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be reported to the IRS-on-IRS Form 1099 or the equivalent if applicable.
- By participating in the contest, the winner agrees to allow their name, voice and/or likeness to be used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest for a period of one year without additional financial or other compensation.
- Contest winners are required to sign a receipt verifying eligibility prior to acceptance of any prize of more than nominal value. Before claiming a prize, contest winners are also required to sign a liability release if the prize to be awarded is valued at $600 or greater, if the contest or prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or not such transportation is provided by WLDE/WAJI. Pursuant to the Liability Release, the winner will agree to hold WLDE/WAJI, Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., Windows, Doors & More and the respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- WLDE/WAJI in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of any station web site or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
- These rules are subject to the interpretation of WLDE/WAJI. Any aspect of these rules, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, can be changed at the discretion of station management, and such changes will become effective upon on-air or other appropriate announcement.
- No purchase is necessary. This contest is void where prohibited.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of WLDE/WAJI.
- WLDE/WAJI are not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call when necessary.
- WLDE/WAJI is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcements of any prize.
- All dates in relation to this contest are subject to change at the discretion of WLDE/WAJI management.
- WLDE and WAJI reserve the right to change the contest rules at any time.
- A complete list of Grand Prize winners will be available after April 5, 2024.
- To get a copy of the contest rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the main studio of WLDE/WAJI at 347 W. Berry St. Ste. 600, Fort Wayne, IN 46802 or online at http://www.majic951.com or http://www.classichits1017.com
(Revised) 1/02/24- cd